Intellectual Property Law (Half Day Program)
October 8, 2014
The Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario ("ILCO") is excited about offering a Half Day Intellectual Property Law Program.
Salim Dharssi | Gilbert’s LLP
Top 10 Issues to Consider in IP Licensing and Commercialization
Kevin Holbeche, Partner | Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Acquiring patent rights, in Canada, the U.S. and around the world
- Commercializing and enforcing patent rights
- Global harmonization efforts (review of select initiatives and potential
- impact of changes on applicants and practitioners)
- Stakeholder impetus for future changes to the patent system
Allan Oziel, B.A., L.L.B.
Trade-Mark Searches and Application Process
- What is a registered trademark?
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office Database of registered trade-marks
- Trade-mark registrability searches and opinions
- The trade-mark application process
Sharyn Costin, Partner | Bereskin & Parr LLP (and)
Adam Bobker | Bereskin & Parr LLP
- Acquiring rights in a trademark
- Scope of protection in registered versus common law rights
- Maintaining rights in a trademark
- Enforcing rights in a trademark