Advanced Real Estate Law
November 20, 2013
The Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario ("ILCO") is excited about offering a Full Day Advanced Real Estate Law Program.
Sidney H. Troister, LSM – Torkin Manes LLP
Section 50 of the Planning Act –Back to Basics
- Understanding how it all works
- When to search, how far back to search
- What to search
Susan N. Crisp – Law Clerk, Goodmans LLP
Real Estate Transactions – Moving from Darkness into Light – Tips for Effective Organization, Management and Problem-Solving
- Real Estate transactions from beginning to end
- Challenges and problems presented to law clerks in handling transactions
- Tips and techniques for effectively organizing and managing transactions and some of the challenges associated with them.
Fred Gjoka – Associate, McMillan LLP
Easing into Easement Fundamentals
- Key elements surrounding the creation, granting and extinguishment of easements
- Discussion on the types of easements, Planning Act considerations
- involving easements as well as ancillary rights and considerations pertaining to easements.
Nadia deFreitas – Law Clerk, Chaitons LLP
Land Transfer Tax and the Implications of This Tax on Different Types of Real Estate Transactions
- Ministry of Finance pre-approval
- Corporate transfers
- Nominal transactions
- Single family residence issues